To prepare myself to give SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master training classes with SSM certification, I used the ScaledAgile offered material for SAFe SPC4 certified consultants (downloads, videos and the SSM examination) to prepare myself as a trainer.
This Scrum Master training offers much more than many of the traditional Scrum Master training classes I have seen. The ones I have seen uses the Scrum Guide as the leading material and as a consequence you get a good understanding of Scrum at team level but I have my doubt if you really get the right picture of all Scrum Master’s responsibilities.
The two-day training will help you to achieve the following learning objectives:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe
- Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach.
In this course you will:
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts.
As you can see this is definitely much more than you will find in the Scrum guide but really important if you want to play a role as Scrum Master (in a SAFe enterprise).