I am happy to announce that my Dutch book De praktische Prince2 is translated into English and published by Van Haren Publishing.
– This book is meant for everyone who has anything to do with project management. It is intended for:
· the line manager who wants to bring about change and base a temporary organization on it;
· the head of the Project Management Office who is looking for handles to create professional tools and templates;
· the project manager who has adopted the PRINCE2® theory and now wants to apply this theory in practice.
– But the book is also meant for experienced project managers who wish to improve their relationship with their executive, and project managers who want to manage instead of getting bogged down in the filling in of endless documents and templates. This book is to be used particularly as a reference book.
– Based on PRINCE2 Edition 2009.
There are many publications on PRINCE2. Most of these publications describe the theory of PRINCE2. This book however deals with a practical approach for formal reports: how can be achieved that PRINCE2 works better in practice? The existing PRINCE2 report templates cannot be used easily.
Of course the process approach in PRINCE2 remains viable, but in this book the PRINCE2 documents are the key. The reader gets a practical help for implementing PRINCE2. This helps project managers and project executives to manage and control in an efficient manner.
You can find an example of the templates in the Box folder ‘Prince2 in practice’. Be aware that these templates must be adjusted to the needs of your own organization. I also take the freedom to adjust the templates if I see opportunities to improve. Based on a presentation of the author Michiel van der molen of the book PRINCE2 in de praktijk, 7 valkuilen en 100 tips I changed e.g. the Quality plan building block to include a product-reviewer matrix. It now shows who approves on behave of the senior User or senior Supplier the products.